A Midlands-based football club will soon see the light after receiving a helping hand from Acco Systems.

Stourport Swifts FC in Worcestershire needs to upgrade its stadium lighting in accordance with FA regulations due to dark spots on the pitch and we are only too happy to oblige.

We will be replacing all the club’s existing floodlights with new energy efficient LED lamps, free of charge, as part of our commitment to supporting sport and the community.

Stourport will join the likes of Southampton and Chelsea, which became the first football teams in the country to introduce LED lighting on their pitches back in 2014.

For bigger teams, LEDs provide the perfect solution as they strive to meet the increasing demands from broadcasting companies for natural, brighter, flicker-free lighting.

But the benefits of LED are not just limited to better TV broadcasts. They are growing in popularity across the world for their many advantages over traditional incandescent bulbs and are being used in a variety of commercial and domestic settings.

The advantages of LEDs include:
Energy efficiency

LEDs are very efficient and convert up to 90% of electricity to light, whereas incandescent bulbs only convert around 10% of energy to light while the remaining 90% is lost as heat. Since LEDs only consume a fraction of the energy, there is often a significant decrease in power costs.

Long lasting

LEDs can last for several years when compared to other options. This long lifespan also reduces maintenance and operating costs as they do not need to be replaced as often.


LEDS are much more hard-wearing and durable. They come as complete solid units without fragile component parts such as filaments and tubes which are easily damaged. This means they are much better at withstanding the elements.


Because they are so efficient at converting energy to light, LEDs generate little to no heat and are therefore cool to the touch and can be left on for hours with a much lower risk of burning and fire.


LEDS are made from non-toxic materials and are recyclable. As a result there is far less waste and they don’t pollute the planet when they are disposed of.


If you’d like to find out how much you could save on your energy bills, contact us for a full audit of your lighting. Our OPTILUX lighting solution, for example, gives a 51% energy saving when replacing existing 400 Watt sodium of metal halide high bay and low bay fittings.

[button size=” style=” text=’Contact Us’ icon=” icon_color=” link=’https://accosystems.co.ukcontact/’ target=’_self’ color=’#000000′ hover_color=’#ffffff’ border_color=’#000000′ hover_border_color=’#1781c0′ background_color=’#f6f6f6′ hover_background_color=’#1781c0′ font_style=” font_weight=” text_align=” margin=”]

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.